Poverty Reduction for former IDPS and Communities affected by conflict and drought
What is the project about?
This project will look at improving agriculture productivity also in the Northern Uganda area with particular emphasis on value addition. It will also work with the communities to continue peace building and conflict resolution activities which had been started on in previous projects. Economic empowerment is its end goal with a focus on creating employment opportunities for the rural youth and women. It will be implemented by UNDP with funding support from the Government of Japan.
The Project's key objectives to;
- Improve agriculture productivity and create value addition to farm products;
- Build capacity for peace building and conflict resolution; and
- Enhance economic empowerment and create employment opportunities for rural youth and women.
While its expected outputs include;
- Increase in economic opportunities for 4,000 households through provision of agricultural inputs, value addition equipment and access to savings and financial resources;
- Strengthening the capacity of selected districts to coordinate peace dialogues and establishing peace building infrastructures for conflict resolution;
- Strengthening community Peace Building initiatives through capacity building and linkages of different peace actors.
Who finances it
This project is financed by funding from the Government of Japan.
2013 - 2014
Government of Japan
- Project Status:
- Start Date:
- Estimated End Date:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Northern Uganda
- Focus Area:
- Crisis Prevention & Recovery
- Project Officer:
- Francesca Akello
- Government of Uganda