ABOUT THE FUND
The Youth4Business Innovation and Entrepreneurship Facility is an initiative developed by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and Stanbic Bank Uganda, to tackle youth unemployment through impact driven innovation and entrepreneurship in sectors with a high multiplier effect on creation of jobs and livelihood opportunities.
- · Support youth and enterprises to pilot innovations with a commercial imperative;
- · Enable enterprises to transform commercially viable pilot innovations into impact at scale;
- · Enable micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) recover faster from the impact of COVID-19 and build back better;
- · Establish a functional ecosystem platform to connect youth entrepreneurs to policy makers, mentors, knowledge and markets.
SELECTED ECONOMY SECTORS
- · Agriculture
- · Development Minerals
- · Renewable Energy
- · Creative Arts Industry
- · Tourism
- · Manufacturing
- · Information Technology (IT)
1) Must be a firm/joint venture that is legally recognized in Uganda with valid business license,
2) The existing firm/ joint venture must either be:
a) Founded/owned by youth involved fulltime in the management of the day to day affairs of the enterprise; OR
b) Managed by an entrepreneur that is keen on piloting and or scaling an inclusive business solution that creates direct or indirect jobs for youth; OR
c) One that integrates youth in its business value chain as suppliers of inputs/ raw materials; and distributors of their products or services
3) All proposed solutions must address development challenges in these target sectors: agriculture, tourism, development minerals, manufacturing, renewable energy, ICT and creative industry
4) Financially sustainable, socially responsible, environmentally friendly and culturally sensitive business with a track record of at least twelve months of business operations and able to match the grant with own cash and in-kind
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please download the application documents from procurement-notices.undp.org. These are to be completed and submitted along with supporting documents to: email@example.com.
For inquiries, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org